[100%OFF]Migrating to Qt 6
Migrating to from Qt 5 to Qt 6 for the experienced developer
out of 5.0
language: EnglishDuration:3 hours
sFull lifetime access
Access on mobile and TV
- Qt 5 ExperienceQML ExperienceWidgets ExperienceC++ ExperienceQMake Experience
The course targeted for:
- Developers migrating from Qt 5 to Qt 6Qt DevelopersC++ Developers
Who this course is for:
Tips and Tricks for migrating to Qt 6Basic changes to Qt 6Basic CMake usageMigration strategiesCore 5 compatibilityVersion adoption issues
This course is designed give experienced developers a first hand look at code changes from Qt 5 to Qt 6 and what you can expect when attempting to migrate to Qt 6. This course is not for the beginner, and is hyper focused on code migration issues.
I took all the Qt code I have written to date, and ran the projects through a series of automated tests – this is literally hundreds of projects ranging in complexity of “hello world” all the way to multi-threaded servers, and collected 20 real world examples we will dive into. We will cover how to examine code, review failures to compile along with cover backwards compatibility.
The code used in migration testing was imported in the previous Qt 5 courses:
- QT 5 Core beginners with C++
- QT 5 Core intermediate with C++
- QT 5 Core advanced with C++
- QT 5 Widgets for beginners C++
- QML for beginners with Qt 5
- QT 5 Design Patterns
Testing each project using the following pattern:
- Running the code in Qt 5
- Converting the project to CMake
- Running and fixing the code in Qt 6
- Check with official documentation as needed
This course expects the developer to have a solid understanding of Qt, QML, Widgets and C++ before enrolling.
We will also cover some basics of CMake, including some troubleshooting steps for when your project won’t load or fails to compile.
CMake templates also included.
Created by Bryan Cairns
4.4 Rating for Instructor
8,439 Reviews for the courses
122,668 Students Enrolled
14 Number of courses
Coupon Code: AD76CED27EE3020E1200